Natural Calm - calming tincture
Natural Calm - calming tincture
I've created this tincture because I've personally needed it a lot in the last couple of years! It's saved me from being swallowed up by anxiety...but it's so good for lots of stuff. It helps with peaceful sleep, calming thoughts, symptoms of ADHD, racing heart, panic attacks...because of how a couple of the adaptogens work, it builds up over time and increases in efficacy. I honestly couldn't get by without it!
Natural Calm active ingredients: GABA, rhodiola, ashwagandha, lemon balm and lobelia leaf
What each of these do for your body and brain:
- GABA (nothing to do with gabapentin!) stands for gamma aminobutyric acid. It is an inhibitory neurotransmitter created in both the gut and the brain. It produces a calming effect when binding to its receptor protein. It is extremely safe and effective, even helping to improve brain development in children. It has been found to be especially helpful for those with ADD/ADHD as it helps direct focus to only one task.
- Ashwagandha is a popular adaptogen. It is a calming herb that relaxes the nervous system. It has been used for hundreds of years – and for good reason! When taken daily, it may increase tolerance to stressors and adapting to challenging environments. It takes around three months to reach maximum efficacy, so daily use is highly recommended.
- Rhodiola is also an adaptogen that complements ashwagandha. While it can help to increase stress tolerance over time, it is energising and stimulating. Rhodola can be helpful for improving moods and increasing energy. Combined with ashwagandha, the two can produce a calm approach to being balanced and effective without the experience of being scattered or jittery. Sleep is often improved as well as sexual function and exercise performance. For these reasons, rhodiola is also another choice herb for symptoms of ADD/ADHD.
- Valerian root is a fast-acting herb used commonly for insomnia, anxiety, depression, PMS, menopause and headaches. It has an immediate response on anxiety and benefits are increased when combined with Passion Flower. After consistent daily use, has been shown to significantly improve insomnia after one month. The potential to help relieve insomnia is increased when combined with Lemon Balm.
- Lemon balm is a fast acting herb that has traditionally been enjoyed as a tea. It takes up to 60 minutes to produce a calming effect and may last for up to 8 hours.
- Lobelia is an incredible herb that can be used for a very long list of complaints. Just 4 drops of pure lobelia leaf extract is enough to slow a rapidly beating heart back down to a safe level within seconds. It has a calming effect on the nervous system and therefore is beneficial for calming racing thoughts, stopping panic attacks, slowing and deepening breathing.
While we love this particular combination, it is not for everyone in every situation.
You might find you prefer an option without rhodiola for a more calming effect on the mind. You might find you prefer more rhodiola and no GABA to wake up your brain without such an exaggerated calming effect. There are many combinations that might work well for you!
This is why we also offer each ingredient separately, both in extract and capsule form. We also provide an adaptogen syrup for long term support.
If these options don’t suit your particular needs, we would love to work with you to create an option that is just right for you. Just let us know specifically what you’re looking for and the delivery system you prefer and we will figure it out!